Lately, I’ve been experiencing this new, free-floating anxiety. This general uneasiness that I can’t shake or get to the root of. I can’t sleep or concentrate and when I do manage to fall asleep I have these strange dreams. So in an effort to relax a bit tonight I thought I’d list some of the things that might be behind it:
1. A student was recently found murdered just a couple streets away from me.
2. My incomplete work from last semester is due May 1st and I have yet to start.
3. I’m going away with my friend Caitlin this weekend with the family she babysits for. I know its a silly thing to be anxious about but new situations always worry me. What do I pack? What if I need something? What if I get sick? etc, etc. Plus Caitlin is always a little crazy and she’ll probably try to convince me to hitchhike at 2 in the morning or something.
4. I have work due the Monday I get back from this trip so I’m anxious about getting it done beforehand.
5. I’m getting the feeling one of my professors doesn’t care for me. I don’t want to go into it but I feel really shitty.
6. I’m back with the Iranian (long story short he made a big effort on Valentine’s Day and I gave him another chance) but we have some issues to work out.
7. Home is always a source of anxiety lately. I look forward to tons of housework, and my mother,father, and grandfather (he’s staying with us) driving me crazy.