I’m currently rushing my way through St. Augustine’s “Confessions”, (which of course I should have read over the course of 2 weeks) when I got to thinking. What are the obstacles in my life? What are my vices? The things I voluntarily choose to do which derail me?
I mean here we have St. Augustine condemning sexual relationships, rhetoric, Manicheaism, etc., all of which diverted him from his studies and more importantly his relationship with God.
As for me:
1) I rarely drink and I don’t do drugs.
2) I don’t have any food issues, nor do I work out obsessively or something.
3) I don’t really have any toxic relationships at the moment.
4) I’m not vain or overly concerned with attention from others.
5) I’m a virgin and I seldom masturbate.
So I’ve come to a rather pathetic conclusion. My vice? Complete and utter laziness. Its rather embarrassing. Here I am thinking I’m this complex, sensitive soul, but the only thing keeping me from my studies and all that I want to accomplish, is television and my bed.