So I still can’t bear to start my studying/assignments. And in an effort to motivate myself I thought I might make a list of things I want to accomplish over the vacation:
1) Read a book for pleasure. I’m quite ashamed to admit that I have not done this in a very very long time. I’m not even sure what I would pick.
2) Take my laptop in to the Apple store. I get this weird static all the time on the right side of my screen and its been making this awful rumbling noise. I think I read online that it might be something loose somewhere. I don’t know, either way I’ve neglected it.
3) Figure out my espresso machine. This is the kind of stupid thing I put off all the time. I bought a brand new dual coffee/espresso machine back in the summer when I moved into the studio by myself. It took me a month to sit down and read the instructions for the coffee and then about 3 minutes to actually figure it out and brew it. So again, no idea why I put off the espresso.
4) Buy that new bedset. I only have one here at the studio which I wash quite often but you really should have two. Another thing I’ve put off for no reason.
5) Go shopping at one of the consignment shops near me. Its one of those things thats always in the back of my mind to do, but somehow the minute vacation starts and I’m horizontal on my sofa, all my fun ideas go out the window. Kind of pathetic.
6) Do some christmas cooking and baking. These are actually both hobbies of mine and I’m quite good. I want to do a bit of baking leading up to Christmas as well as help my mother prepare Christmas Eve dinner since it will be her first time preparing it in years. Off the top of my head I’m thinking of some gingerbread men (because I have a new piping set!) and some vegan sugar cookies for my nephew (he’s allergic to both milk and eggs).
7) Come up with (and begin) some sort of diet/fitness plan. I know, quite contradictory to # 6. I’ve gained some weight in the past 8 months or so and I’ve noticed I’m continuing to gain. I just really need to cut a lot of things out of my diet and increase my intake of others. I also don’t exercise anymore ever since I quit dance about a year ago. I’m thinking of trying to work out at home, but we’ll see how that goes.